In addition to its Washington, D.C. office, DEMING PLLC provides a broad range of services for individuals and business clients located in Michigan. Foremost among the services provided by the Michigan office are all of those services associated with the international practice of its Washington office. But in addition, the Michigan office provides a broader range of services to individuals and entities located or active in Michigan.
With Extensive Experience, an AV Preeminent* Rated Attorney and Super Lawyers Listed Attorney in Michigan.
With an excellent academic background and superb training with the U.S. Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission, Stuart H. Deming enjoys a reputation for excellence. From the outset of entering private practice in Michigan, Stuart H. Deming has been determined to be an AV Preeminent* rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been consistently selected for inclusion in the Michigan Super Lawyers list in international law.
Direct Access to a Leading International Lawyer
The Michigan office provides direct access for Michigan clients to a leading international lawyer. The full range of international legal services provided by the Washington office is also available in Michigan. These services include:
- Complying with the FCPA and its related internal controls requirements
- Complying with the UK Bribery Act
- Complying with Canada’s Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act
- Complying with the anti-bribery requirements of the World Bank and the regional development banks
- Developing and implementing corporate compliance programs to address obligations associated with the conduct of international business
- Conducting due diligence and internal investigations
- Responding to investigations
- Negotiating and drafting legal instruments
- Providing representation in international litigation
In addition to the international practice associated with its Washington, D.C. and Michigan offices, DEMING PLLC provides a number of additional services through its Michigan office:
- Corporate compliance: Including designing and implementing corporate compliance programs and internal controls directed to complying with various federal, state, and, in certain instances, foreign regulatory requirements
- Health care law: Including designing and implementing compliance programs, conducting internal investigations, representing clients under investigation, and otherwise addressing a range of legal issues including, among others, Medicare and Medicaid, HIPAA, and the Affordable Care Act.
- Corporate and commercial litigation: Plaintiff and defense, including commercial litigation, broker-dealer, employment and whistleblower issues as well as undertaking internal investigations and representations associated with complying with various federal, state, and, in certain instances, foreign regulatory requirements.
- Probate: Including estate planning, the administration of estates, probate litigation and the resolution of complex issues associated with estates.
“*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.”